Saturday, January 06, 2007

A 10/20/30-rule for PPT-presentations

When I prepare a powerpoint-presentation, I regularly end up doing it wrongly: nearly always I am preparing a set of notes for me but which are for everyone in the audience to see. I know this is bad design - like two functions for one button on your remote control. I should present what the audience should see and put into the notes what I should not forget to say. But I don't think it is possible with PowerPoint to show you audience the presentation pages while the presentation pages and the notes are to be seen only on the computer display.

Now I happened to come across Guy Kawasaki's blog. GK recommends the 10/20/30 rule of PowerPoint: 10 pages for 20 minutes of presentation, all text with 30 point font. 30 pt fonts are huge for me - I usually use 20 or 18 pt for text. Perhaps switiching to the larger font will break the bad habit of misusing presentation pages for notes.

RAEM

1 Comments:

At 21/3/07 17:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PowerPoint bietet inzwischen die Option auf dem Laptop eine Präsentationsansicht laufen zu lassen, bei der die Folien und die Notizen zu sehen sind. Auf dem Beamer wird dann nur die Präsentation gezeigt.
Um dies zu nutzen muss bei den Einstellungen des Desktops den Desktop auf den zweiten Monitor (Beamer) erweitern. Jetzt kann man bei PowerPoint unter "Bildschimrpräsentation einrichten..." die Präsentationsansicht aktivieren.
Hab dies bereits mehrmals ausprobiert und bin damit recht zufrieden. Es ist nur schade, dass man die Präsentationsansicht nicht an die eigenen Bedürfnisse anpassen. kann.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Weert Baack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home